Group ESG Manager
ABOUT THE JOB:
Group ESG Manager
Head of Group ESG for ScanCom International A/S
Ensure compliance and coordination of global ESG and Sustainability initiatives, and be an important partner to the management group and other stakeholders
According to contract
JOB DESCRIPTION and INTRODUCTION:
If you are enthusiastic about compliance, data, and sustainability, and you want to become part of an exciting journey to further build and strengthen our work with ESG and related activities – then you could be the right person we are looking for, as our Group ESG Manager.
At ScanCom, ESG & Sustainability are important pillars in our strategy and differentiation, and we have high ambitions. We have that for our company, and for our sustainability efforts throughout the organization and our value chain.
We are looking for a ESG specialist, who can help continuing our sustainable journey and lead, coordinate, and implement ESG & Sustainability initiatives across the ScanCom Group, where focus is on compliance, certification, documentation, and Co2 reduction roadmap implementation.
You will play a key and impactful role in ScanCom’s ESG & Sustainability journey – in alignment with our deep-rooted motto and guiding principle of Doing Business the Right Way – and represent the company towards internal and external stakeholders in this important area.
In ScanCom we thrive with and act through our strategic differentiation, and you will be an important part of the strategic journey within the ESG area.
In the role, you will be expected to travel multiple times each year to connect with our global teams, customers, and other stakeholders.
WHAT WE OFFER:
You will become a part of an international company within the outdoor furniture industry and will have a significant role with influence on the direction of ScanCom’s work with ESG & Sustainability.
We are responsible for driving sustainability management at a global level and have a high degree of cooperation and collaboration with internal as well as external stakeholders in ensuring we always stay at the forefront of sustainability commitments.
Specifically, you will have:
- A great opportunity to develop and grow professionally and personally.
- A global workplace in an interesting and international company with ESG at a top priority.
- An attractive job with exciting and challenging tasks that will offer a steep learning curve.
- A job that must be shared your passion within this field of responsibility.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Coordinate, lead and report the ScanCom global ESG & Sustainability initiatives.
- Take part in customer meetings, when needed, and be the ESG link to the shareholder.
- Help develop, implement, and run ScanCom’s climate actions à from strategy to execution.
- Implement initiatives in collaboration with group companies, operations, supply chain and local ESG functions as well as with external partners.
- Sparring partner for other departments regarding ESG, sustainability and climate-related considerations like e.g., defining and setting targets aligned with the global climate and environmental targets.
- Secure, monitor and control global data collection and CO2 calculations aligned with the GHG protocol and prepare the company towards new regulations, such as CSRD, and own initiatives like supporting SBTi.
- Help facilitate Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon reduction projects.
- Take a leading role in establishing the yearly ScanCom Sustainability Report and drive the SteerCom for ESG.
- Assist with various other sustainability related tasks.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING:
As a person you are persistent and passionate about the well-being of the world (ESG & Sustainability), and you want to drive change in a complex environment. You are positive, dedicated, and proactive, finding solutions where others see problems and naturally taking initiative where needed. You believe that cross-functional collaboration and teamwork are key to success, and you know how to build meaningful relationships with your stakeholders and partners.
We are looking for a new colleague who:
- Has in-depth knowledge of the ESG & Sustainability, climate area and understand the GHG protocol, SBTi and scope 1, 2 and 3.
- Can take part in both the strategic work, the technical, professional discussions and in the "process room".
- Has a relevant education with a focus on sustainability or data analysis and can be a recent graduate or sit in a similar job today.
- Works structured and analytical and an interest in figures and data, so you can break down substantial amounts of data and highlight the most important trends.
- Has a sincere interest in the green transition and possesses updated knowledge within the area of ESG & Sustainability.
- Is Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Is a team player by nature but can also work independently when needed.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND REPORTING LINE:
As our Group ESG Manager, you will be working closely with related departments internally in the ScanCom Group and with our owner (Lars Larsen Group), which is considered, as an internal relation.
Always represent ScanCom in a professional way according to the company’s values of Doing Business the Right Way to 3rd parties, such as customers, suppliers, auditors, authorities, and other relevant stakeholders.
You will refer to the Group CEO as your direct superior, and your direct matrix reports will consist of local ESG teams and within our global operations.
- Working place: ScanCom Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Working time: Full time.
- Travel days: 25-30 days expected annually.
The hiring and interviewing process will take place from now, and until the right candidate is found. This will include personal meetings and/or video calls where possible and relevant.
We expect you to join us latest start of October 2023.For further information, refer to Mr. Stig Maasbøl, Group CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Market leader within manufacturing of outdoor furniture in certified and sustainable materials, and manage nearly all raw materials (wood, plastic, aluminium) in own factories.
The company has roughly 3.500 employees – with around 4-5.000 people within strategic contract manufacturing – and is fully owned by the Lars Larsen Group.
ScanCom differentiate themselves towards the market on 3 strategic key areas – ESG & Sustainability, Design & Innovation and Operational Excellence – where all of them are decisive in the rising global competition.
The company is driven by the above strategic parameters, but also with respect to high customer service and development of employees’ skillset.
ScanCom has 10 legal entities on 3 continents (Americas, Asia, and Europe) with strong local foothold and main operations in Vietnam, Indonesia, and Brazil.
In the latest financial year – season 2021/22 – the company achieved MUSD 178 in revenue.